Interview

Interview
WBEZ's Joe DeCeault dropped by the Beep space to do an interview on the Norman Phipps record released last year on Beep's Tight Ship label. He brought by his friend Gonzala to videotape the interview, as it will also be a video documentary available as a download on the WBEZ website! Then, they drove ten hours to the Ozarks to interview to interview my Dad (Norman Phipps is my Dad, by the way), then spent countless hours editing both the audio and video for broadcast. I'm mentioning this for two reasons: 1. It's really cool and I'm blown away that WBEZ would spend so much resource on such an obscure project and 2: It has really shown me how much time and love and labor goes into every news story that they produce. Next time there is a pledge drive (and there is always one around the corner) and you hear of how much it costs to do the news, it's true. Click here to check out the video documentary!