My Obsession with Ceramic Tile and Frederick Law Olmsted

I haven't posted to my blog in a couple of weeks and I apologize to the three or four people who actually read it. The Mrs. and I have been moving forward with our Riverside condo, which has filled up all of my "free time". We are doing a gut rehab,which means we are picking out everything. This includes, but is not limited to: the floors, countertops, stove, oven, dishwasher, toilet, sinks, ceramic tile for kitchen and bath, hardwood floors, shelves, cabinets, lighting and other things that I haven never really given much thought to in my entire life. It's pretty fun. We are generally going for a 20's art deco approach, since that is the general vintage of the building, but we are getting pretty modern with the appliances. I am most excited about our Wolf cooktop with four burners and a griddle. I've been reading up on the history of Riverside, especially on Frederick Law Olmsted. He designed the community of Riverside, as well as Central Park. He is also largely responsible for helping with the establishment of Yosemite as a National Park (Olmsted Point was obviously named after him). He also designed the landscaping for Chicago's Columbian Exposition, as I'm sure you have read about in the excellent book "The Devil in the White City". I am really excited about our move to Riverside. Cool.
http://www.fredericklawolmsted.com/
http://www.riverside-illinois.com/History.htm