Uggh. I'm swamped, Man! / Barry Phipps Goes Mainstream

This dumb email thing got me really behind in a week that was crazy to begin with. I'm trying to keep it together and keep it professional, but this last week was crazy and I'm too far behind to even post about it. Wow. My car broke down and I rented an SUV... and I loved it. I'm a tree hugger who drives a Beetle, but now I can give a knowing wink to everyone out there who drives the big ride. Bill Britt from the band Slow Planet told me to check out Men's Wearhouse for a new suit... and I did. I drove my rental SUV over there and bought two suits and I think they are nice. On a similar subject, when I went to Florence a few weeks ago I found myself being blown away by the same stuff that every other tourist on the planet thinks is great. Out of all the art in Florence I was most blown away by the statue of David and Boticelli's Venus. My roots of rebellion are slowly fading in my early middle age. At my last wedding I was thinking about how much I love Holiday by Madonna and Aretha's Respect. They sound really good on the dance floor. Fear not. I don't think I will become cheesy. I just think that I sometimes find myself automatically dissing stuff just because it's popular. That's pretty dumb. Anyway, I think my email is running again and I will be available and in the office Monday through Friday except Thursday from about 10 am - 1 or 2 pm. Hey, I feel a little better now. This blog is kind of like therapy!